FALL 2016 DIGITAL CONTEST WINNERS
Commercial and Poster
FIRST: Tyler Rispoli, Boone High School, Legend
Computer Drawn Illustration
FIRST: Carlin Bausch‐Sanchez, Trinity Preparatory School, thetrinityvoice.com
SECOND: Andrew Kwa, Trinity Preparatory School, thetrinityvoice.com
FIRST: Jeannie Williams, Hagerty High School, BluePrint
FIRST: Diego Sultan, Hagerty High School, BluePrint
Deadline Web Coverage
FIRST: Bryson Turner, Hagerty High School, BluePrint
FIRST: Hope Dougherty, Rachel Montgomery, West Shore Junior/Senior High School, The Roar
SECOND: Peyton Whittington, Ahilyn Aguilar, Melissa Donovan, Alex Konvalina, Hagerty High School, BluePrint
THIRD: Staff, West Shore Junior/Senior High School, The Roar
FIRST: Jeannie Williams, Diego Sultan, Hagerty High School, BluePrint
Publication Home Page
FIRST: Jessie Jalca, Bridget Hartig, Jack Rummler, Carston Carasella, Boone High School, Hi‐Lights
Reality Show Pitch
FIRST: Ryan Nassar, Kaleb Szaro, Kevin McKenna, Oviedo High School, WROR‐TV
FIRST: Morgan Clark, Oviedo High School, WROR‐TV
SECOND: Tanner Roberts, Nat Holder, Oviedo High School, WROR‐TV
Student Leader Profile
FIRST: Elijah James, East Ridge High School, WKTN Knight Vision
SECOND: Lian Cabrera, East Ridge High School, WKTN Knight Vision
Yearbook Content Spread
FIRST: Megan Pirino, Boone High School, Legend
SECOND: Courtney O'Dea, Camdyn LaMotta, Rachel Hester, Hagerty High School, Fusion
THIRD: Tyler Rispoli, Matt Casler, Boone High School, Legend
Questions? Contact FSPA Evaluations Coordinator Joe Humphrey at email@example.com.
Submissions will consist of a single PDF or, for Category 4, a PDF and a link to a video hosted on YouTube, SchoolTube or Vimeo
01. Yearbook Content Spread — Submit a content spread (not opening/divider) from your 2016 book or the draft of a 2017 spread.
02. Deadline Module — Create an 8-inch-tall by 3-inch-wide module suitable for publication based on a prompt that will be posted on the FSPA website on Sept. 21.
03. Infographic — Submit an original infographic created since May 1.
04. Commercial and Poster — Submit a max 30-second commercial and a PDF of a poster/flyer used to promote your 2017 yearbook. Be sure to observe all copyright laws. One entry per publication.
05. Middle School Yearbook Spread — Submit a single content spread (not opening or divider) created since March. It may be from your 2016 book or the draft of a 2017 spread.
Submissions will consist of a single PDF or JPG, or three PDFs for Category 9
06. Literary Magazine Spread — Submit a single spread created since March (and not previously submitted in an FSPA contest)
07. Historical Fiction — Compose a max 700-word short story set somewhere in the United States between 1920-1950.
08. Deadline Poetry — Compose a poem based on a prompt that will posted on the FSPA website on Sept. 21.
09. Architectural Photography — Take three architectural photos of the same building/structure, showcasing various angles and techniques.
Submissions will consist of a single web link.
10. Back to School Coverage — Submit coverage of your first day of school. Entry may include story, photos, audio/video or other elements. Submit a single web link. One entry per publication.
11. Deadline Web Coverage — Publish coverage based on a prompt announced Sept. 21 on the FSPA website.
12. Publication Home Page — Submit a URL of your website home page. One entry per publication (obviously).
Video entries must be published to YouTube, SchoolTube or Vimeo. Then submit a link to the content.
13. Deadline Commentary — Submit a max 60-second commentary based on a prompt that will be posted on the FSPA website on Sept. 21.
14. Student Leader Profile — Submit a max 2:30 package that profiles a student leader on your campus.
15. Middle School Sports Package — Submit a max 2:30 feature package about a sporting event, athlete or coach on your campus
16. Silent Movie— Create a max-1:30 silent movie.
17. Reality Show Pitch — Create a max 3:00 video you could use to pitch a new reality show to a network. One entry per publication.
Submissions will consist of a single PDF or JPG
18. Doubletruck — Submit a double-page spread created since May 2016. It can be published or a draft of a fall 2016 publication.
19. Deadline Story— Write a 500-word story based on a prompt posted to the FSPA website on Sept. 21.
20. Computer-Drawn Illustration — Create a computer-drawn illustration suitable for publication in a high school newspaper.
21. Weather Photo — One of the most common photos you’ll see in a professional newspaper is a stand-alone weather photo. Submit one you’ve taken since Aug. 1.
22. Health Page — Plan, write and design a full page (max size 11x17 inches) devoted to health and fitness.
NOTE: One category in each section is a “Deadline” category, meaning specific prompts will not be published until Sept. 21, two days before upload deadline. Make sure to follow FSPA on Twitter (@fspa) for updates -- and note we often publish prompts a day early via social media (hint - hint!).